Monday 12 March 2007

London Marathon 2007

I did the Mondi 15 over in the fens around March. I wasn't sure how I would perform, but I finished in 02:06:10 which means that I managed to do 8'24. I know that at the moment I won't be able to hold that speed for another 11 miles. However I feel reasonably confident of getting close to my target of 3:50. There are still 5 weeks of training to go and I am much fitter than I have been for a while.

The back is fine now. I am back in my own bed and not getting any pain when I lie down. I still get a bit of pain if I lift things and I am stiff when I get out of bed.

There are only 5 weeks of proper training left. Wow, I can't believe its going so quickly. On the one hand I want the day to come so that I can ease off on the training and get on with some other things. While on the other hand I don't want it to pass in a rush.

Over the next 5 weeks I have got to try and loose a bit more weight and concentrate on working on maintaining the pace over long distances.

No comments: